Nadav Shashar, Arianne de Blaeij, Noga Stambler, Pierre Salameh, Mordechai Shechter, and Peter A. Nelson (2016). Upgrading Marine Ecosystem Restoration Using Ecological–Social Concepts. BioScience,
66, 156–163. doi:
Ayalon, Ofira Miriam Lev-On, Perry Lev-On and Tal Goldrath. 2014. "Greenhouse Gas emissions reporting in Israel: Means to manage energy use". Energy Conversion and Management. Volume 85, p. 612–618
O.Ayalon, I. Liebes, D. Gabay, G. Rosenthal. 2014. Waste drived fuel substitutes. Reserch report submitted to the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Ministry of Water and Energy.
O. Ayalon, M. Lev-On, P Lev-On. 2014. Greenhouse Gas Emission Mitigation Plan for Israel: Strategies, Incentives and Reporting. Climate Policy.
Palatnik, Ruslana Rachel and Paulo A.L.D. Nunes (2014) "Economic Valuation of Climate Change induced Biodiversity Impacts on Agriculture: results from a macroeconomic application to the Mediterranean basin", Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy (JEEP). http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/ACK7II7FN4QgRIMj5fZi/full#.VEXvFvl_t9k
Sinabel F., F. Bower, M. Banse and R.R. Palatnik (2014) Introduction to the special issue: The economics of European agriculture under conditions of climate change. German Journal of Agricultural Economics. Published on 01.09.2014 http://www.gjae-online.de/inhaltsverzeichnisse/pages/
Ayalon, O. Flicstein, B. Shtibelman. A. 2013. "Benefits of Improving Air Quality - Replacing Conventional Car-based Transportation to Electric Mobility". Journal of Environmental Protection. Volume 4 (10)
Ayalon O., Brody S., Shechter M., 2013. "Household waste generation, recycling and prevention", in OECD, Greening Household Behaviour: Overview from the 2011 Survey, OECD Publishing. p. 219-243. doi: 10.1787/9789264181373-11-en
Camacho-Valdez, V., A. Ruiz-Luna, A. Ghermandi, P.A.L.D. Nunes (2013) “Valuation of ecosystem services provided by coastal wetlands in northwest Mexico”, Ocean & Coastal Management 78: 1-11.
Eilam, E. and T. Trop. 2013. Evaluating school-community mutual participation in developing local sustainability agenda. International Journal of Environmental & Science Education (IJESE), 8(2). 5-19
Kaminski, J., Kan, I. and Fleischer, A. (2013). A structural land-use analysis of agricultural adaptation to climate change: A proactive approach. Am. J. Agr. Econ. 95(1):70-93.
Kan, I., Motro, Y., Horvitz, N., Kimhi, A., Leshem, Y., Yom-Tov, Y., and Nathan, R. Agricultural Rodent Control Using Barn Owls: Is it Profitable? Am. J. Agr. Econ.
Ghermandi, A., P.A.L.D. Nunes (2013) “A global map of coastal recreation values: Results from a spatially explicit meta-analysis”, Ecological Economics 86: 1-15.
Rodrigues, L., J.C.J.M. van den Bergh, A. Ghermandi (2013) “Socio-economic impacts of ocean acidification in the Mediterranean Sea”, Marine Policy 38: 447-456.
Steinhart, Y., Ayalon, Ofira Puterman Hila. 2013. "The effect of an environmental claim on consumers' perceptions about luxury and utilitarian products". J. of Cleaner Production, Volume 53, p. 277-286.
Brander, L., I. Bräuer, H. Gerdes, A. Ghermandi, O. Kuik, A. Markandya, S. Navrud, P. Nunes, M. Schaafsma, H. Vos, and A. Wagtendonk (2012) “Using meta-analysis and GIS for value transfer and scaling up: Valuing climate change induced losses of European wetlands”, Environmental and Resource Economics 52: 395-413.
Broitman, D., Ayalon, O. & Kan, I. (2012). One size fits all ? An assessment tool for solid waste management at local and national levels. Waste Management 32: 1979–1988.
Eilam, E. and T. Trop. 2012. Factors influencing adults’ environmental attitudes and behaviors and the role of environmental schools in influencing their communities. Education and Urban Society, published online. (30 p.).
Eilam, E. and T. Trop. 2012. Environmental attitudes and environmental behavior – Which is the horse and which is the cart? Sustainability 2012(4): 2210-2246. 2013
Fishman, Y., Becker, N. and Shechter, M., 2012. “The Polluter Pays Principle as a policy tool in an externality model for nitrogen fertilizer pollution”. Water Policy 14: 470-489.
Kan, I. and Rapaport-Rom, M. (2012). Regional blending of fresh and saline water: Is it efficient? Water Resour. Res. 48, W07517, doi:10.1029/2011WR011285.
Olwig, R., T. Hirsch, C. Sattler, H. Glade, L. Schmeken, S. Will, A. Ghermandi, and R. Messalem (2012) “Techno-economic analysis of combined concentrating solar power and desalination plant configurations in Israel and Jordan”, Desalination and Water Treatment 41(1-3): 9-25.
Palatnik R. R., Faitelson, H. & Shechter, M. (2012). "Israeli policy towards reaching Cancun pledge: A comparison of actions in plan and economically efficient measures" Finance and Business 2012:1.
Palatnik R. R. & Roson, R. (2012) “Climate Change Assessment and Agriculture in General Equilibrium Models: Alternative Modeling Strategies”. Climatic Change. 112:1085–1100. Publisher: Springer Netherlands.
Palatnik, R.R., Eboli, F., Ghermandi, A., Kan, I., Rapaport-Rom, M. and Shechter, M. (2012). Integration of general and partial equilibrium agricultural land-use transformation for the analysis of climate-change in the Mediterranean. Climate Change Econ. 2(4):275-299.
Paz, S., Ayalon, O. & Haj, A. 2012. The potential conflict between traditional perceptions and environmental behavior: compost use by Muslim Farmers. Environment, Development and Sustainability, DOI 10.1007/s10668-012-9421-1
- Eilam, E. and Trop. T. (2011). ESD pedagogy - a guide for the perplexed. The Journal of Environmental Education. 42(1): 43-64.
- Eilam, E. and Trop. T. (2011). Methodology for evaluating the influence of school's sustainability education programs on their communities. Learning and Teaching 4(2): 37-64.
- Elimelech, E., Ayalon, O., Flicstein, B. (2011). Hazardous waste management and weight-based indicators—The case of Haifa Metropolis. Journal of Hazardous Materials 185:626–633
- Koch, J., Onigkeit, J., Schaldach, R., Alcamo, J., Köchy, M., Wolff, H.P. and Kan, I. (2011). Land-Use Change Scenarios for the Jordan River Region. Int. J. of Sustainable Water and Environmental Systems. 3(1):25-31.
- Palatnik R.R., Kan, I., Rapaport-Rom, M., Ghermandi, A., Eboli, F. & Shechter, M. (2011) "Integration of general and partial equilibrium agricultural land-use transformation for the analysis of climate-change in the Mediterranean" Climate Change Economics. Volume 2, Issue: 4 (2011) pp. 275-299.
• Palatnik R.and M. Shechter, (2010) "Assessing the Economic Impacts of Climate Change Using a CGE Model with Decentralized Market Instruments".Journal of Siberian Federal University. Humanities & Social Sciences 6 (2010 3) 912-923.
• Palatnik R. and M. SHECHTER, (2010) "The Israeli Econom and Potential Post-Kyoto Target ".Israel Economic Review Vol. 8, No. 1 (2010), 21–43
• Palatnik R. and P.A.L.D. Nunes, (2010) "Valutazione delle relazioni tra cambiamenti climatici, biodiversita e produttivita dei sistemi agro-forestali in Europa". AGRIREGIONIEUROPA, AssociazioneAlessandroBartola: studi e ricerche di economia e politica agrarian: Special Issue on Climate change and agriculture: adaptation, mitigation and food security, 6(21). ISSN: 1828 – 5880 [Italian]
• Ayalon O., 2009. "Sustainable Green Rural Municipalities- The Path Towards an Environmental and Energy Friendly Rural Community in Israel". In: Mason, M. and Mor A. (Eds.): Renewable Energy in the Middle East: Enhancing Security through Regional Cooperation. Springer Science: Berlin. p. 111-124
• Ofira Ayalon, Tal Goldrath, Gad Rosenthal and Michal Grossman, 2009. "Reduction of plastic carrier bag use: An analysis of alternatives in Israel". Waste Management. Volume 29 (7), p. 2025-2032.
• Dafna M. DiSegni Eshel and Richard J. Sexton (2009), "Allowing Communities to Trade in Imperfectly Competitive Pollution-Permits Markets", Journal of Regulatory Economics, Vol. 36 Pg. 60-82.
• Iddo Kan, Mickey Rappaport-Rom, Mordechai Shechter "Environmental Amenities and Optimal Agricultural Land Use: The Case of Israel", Ecological Economics
• Haim. D., Prof. Mordechai Shechter, and Berliner, P. In press. "Assessing the Impact of Climate Change on Representative Field Crops in Israeli Agriculture: A Case Study of Wheat and Cotton." Climatic Change.
• Eshet, T., Baron, M. and Prof. Mordechai Shechter 2007. "Exploring Benefit Transfer: Disamenities of Waste Transfer Stations", Environmental and Resource Economics 37(3): 521-547
• Loehman E. and Nir Becker "Groundwater in a cross country case: Application to Israel and the Palestinian authority". In Israel – Palestinian Water Issues: From Conflict to Cooperation. Hillel Shuval and Hassan Dweik. (eds.,), pp: 423 - 442 Hexagon Series on Human and Environmental Security and Peace, vol. 2. Springer Verlag, 2007
• Tzipi Eshet, Mira G. Baron, Mordechai Shechter, Ofira Ayalon. "Measuring Externalities of Waste Transfer-Stations in Israel, Using Hedonic Pricing". Waste Management. Volume 27, Issue 5 , 2007, Pages 614-625.
• Ofira Ayalon, Avnimelech Y., 2007. "The Role of an Academic Institute in Setting National Environmental Policy: The Case of Israel". Energy. Volume 32: 927-934
Ofira Ayalon, Doron Lavee, 2007. "Promoting the Role of Israel’s Environmental Technologies in the International Market". The International Journal of Business Environment (IJBE). Volume 1(4), p. 428-441.
• Nir Becker and Y. Choresh. Economics of Marine Protected Areas (2006). UNEP – MAP. RAC/SPA, Tunis.
• Eshet T., Ofira Ayalon, Mordechai Shechter,(2006 ) "Valuation of Externalities of Selected Waste Management Alternatives: A Comparative Review and Analysis". Resources, Conservation & Recycling Vol. 46 (4), p. 335-364.
• Nir Becker, David Katz. (2006)Economic valuation of Resuscitating the Dead Sea”. Water Policy Vol. 8 (4): 351 – 370..
• Ofira Ayalon, Nir Becker and. and E. Shani. . (2006) "Economic aspects of the rehabilitation of Hiriya landfill". Waste management and research Vol 26(11), 1313-1323
• Nir Becker, Y. Choresh, M. Inbar and O. Bahat, "Combining TCM and CVM of endangered species: Estimation of the marginal value of vultures in the presence of species – visitors' interaction ". In Kontoleon A., U. Pascual and T. Swanson (eds.), Frontiers in Biodiversity Economics. Cambridge University Press (forthcoming 2006
• Loehman, E. and Nir Becker "Groundwater management in Hydro-Economic Commons." Water resources development Vol. 22(4): 603 - 614.(2006)
• Kan I., Ofira Ayalon, 2006. Economic Analysis of Compost Production in Israel. Proceedings of ISWA World Environment Congress and Exhibition, Copenhagen 2006
• Ms. Tzipi Eshet, Ofira Ayalon, Mordechai Shechter.
"Valuation of Externalities of Selected Waste Management Alternatives: A Comparative Review and Analysis", Resources, Conservation & Recycling.
• Ms. Tzipi Eshet, Ofira Ayalon, Mordechai Shechter.
"A Critical Review of Economic Valuation Studies of Externalities from Incineration and Landfilling", Waste Management and Research.
• Ayalon, O., Shechter M., Rosenthal, G. and Yehoshua, N.
2005. “An Economic Assessemnet of Israel's Packaging Recycling Law. Submitted to ILA (The Manufacturers” Recycling Corporation).
• Palatnik R., O. Ayalon and M. Shechter, (2005) "Household Demand for Waste Recycling Services", Environmental Management 35(2) pp. 121-129. Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York
Shenhar, C., Shechter M.., Azaiza, H.
2004. Strategy and Tools for Effecting Changes in Traditional Agricultural Landscape Units: The Bet-Netufa Valley. Final Scientific Report Submitted to the Ministry of the Environment and the Ministry of Tourism. Natural Resource & Environmental Research Center and the Regional Research & Development Center - The GalileeSociety.
• Ben-Asher, J., Alpert, P., and Shechter M. 2004. "Vulnerability of Water Resources Due to Climate Change in Eastern Mediterranean Ecosystems – An Integrated Approach to Sustainable Agricultural Management", in The Research Project on Impact of Climate Changes on Agricultural Production System in Arid Areas (ICCAP). Research Institute for Humanity and Nature, Kyoto, Japan.
• Ofira Ayalon., Ruslana Palatnik, Mordechai Shechter, "Household Demand for Waste Recycling Services", Journal of Environmental Management, (forthcoming).
• Shechter M., Zeitouni N., Shamir S., Kadishi N. "Economic Aspects of the Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture in Israel", Studies in Natural Resources and Environmental Management Vol. 2 No. 1, 2003.
• Carlo Giuponi and Shechter M. "Climate Change in the Mediterranean- Socio Economic Perspectives of Impacts, Vulnerability and Adaptation." The Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM) Series on Economics and the Environment. Edward Elgar Cheltenham, UK; Northampton, MA, USA, 2003.
• Wielgus, J., Chadwick-Furman, N. E., Zeitouni N., & Shechter M. Effects of Coral Reef Attribute Damage on Recreational Welfare, Marine Resource Economics, Vol 18, Pp. 225-237.
• Kalika,V.I., & Rossinky, G. (2003). Methodology of multi-criteria decision making accounting for uncertainty and some applications, Int. J. Management and Decision Making, Vol. 4, 240-271
• Shechter M. and Yehoshua, N. 2002. “Exploratory Economic Assessments of Climate Change Impacts in Israel: Agriculture.” In: Beniston, M. (ed.), Climate Change: Implications for the Hydrological Cycle and for Water Management. Advances in Global Change Research, 10. Dordrecht and Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
• Becker N., & Lavee, D. (2002). The effect and reform of water pricing: The Israeli experience, Water Resources Development, 18 (2) 353-366.
• Ayalon, O., Avnimelech Y., 2002. On The Pattern of Decision Making of Municipal Solid Waste Management. In: Kocasoy G., Atabarut T., Nuhoglu I., (eds.). Appropriate Environmental and Solid Waste Management and Technologies for Developing Countries. Bogazici University Library.
• Kalika,V.I., & Rossinsky, G. (2002). An approach to account for uncertainty factors in MCDM and its applications. European Journal of Operation Research
• Ayalon, O., Avnimelech, Y. and Shechter M., 1999. "Issues in Designing an Effective Solid Waste Policy: the Israeli Experience," in Sterner, T. (ed.), The Market and the Environment: The Effectiveness of Market Based Instruments for Environmental Reform. UK: Edward Elgar.
• Becker N., 1999, " A Comparative Analysis of Water Price Support VS. Drought Compensation Scheme", Agriculture Economics. (forthcoming)
• Kalika,V.I., & Frant s., 1999. "Environmental Aspects in Power Generation," Energy Sources 21(7):329-346.
• Kalika, V.I., Frant,S.M., 1999. "Multicriteria Optimization Medium/Long Term Planning of Power Generation System Expansion". Ibid., Vol. II: 1844-1846.
• Kalika,V.I.,1999."Approach to Perform Multicriteria Optimization Accounting for Uncertainty and its Possible Applications". Proc. D.S.I.'99 Athens, "Integrating Technology & Human Decisions: Global Bridges into the 21st Century (Decision Science Institute, 5th International Conference, 4-7 July 1999, Athens-Greece), Vol. I: 171-174.
• Reiser B., and Shechter M., 1999, " Incorporating zero values in the economic valuation of environmental program benefits", Environmetrics 10:87-101.
• Baron M., Zaitsev, N. and Shechter M., 1998. "WTP and the Rationality of Consumers Regarding Outdoor Recreation," Proceedings of the 11th International Conference of Women Engineers and Scientists Chiba, Japan.
• Becker N., Easter K. W., 1998, "Conflict and Cooperation in Utilizing a Common Property Resource", Natural resource modeling 11: 173 - 196.
• Becker N., Zeitouni N., 1998, "Is there a peacefull solution to the Israeli-Palestinian water dispute?",
Water International , vol.23 no.4 238-243.
• Shechter M., Reiser, B., and Zaitsev, N. 1998. "Measuring Passive Use Value: Pledges, Donations and CV Responses in Connection with an Important Natural Resource." Environmental and Resource Economics 12(4):457-478.
• Shechter M., 1998, "Economy and Environment: A New Partnership," Opening Statement at the Conference on the Economic Benefits of Environmental Investment at the Factory Level", Israel Environment Bulletin 21:10 - 11.
• Zeitouni N., and Freeman S., 1998. "The Option to Develop Resource". Session Paper, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, World Congress, June, 26-29.
• Baron M., Zaitzev N., Shechter M., 1997. Recreational Benefits of the Hula Project: An Economic Analysis. Final Report. Natural Resource & Environmental Research Center, University of Haifa.
• Becker N., and Easter K.W., 1997. " Water Diversions From the Great Lakes: Is a Cooperative Solution Possible?" International Journal of Water Resource Development 13 (1): 53 - 65.
• Becker N., and Soloveitchick, D. 1997, " Dynamic Multicriteria Optimization Model of Environmental Regulation," Journal of Multicriteria Decision Analysis 6:1-17.
• Nevo, S., Zaitsev, N., Shechter M. and Reiser, B., 1997. "Existence Value of an Environmental Asset," Economic Quarterly 44(2):263-283.
• Zeitouni N., & Dinar A., 1997, " Mitigating negative water quantity and quality externalities by joint management of aquifers". Environmental and resource economics 9:1 - 20.
• Becker N. & Shechter M., 1996. "Decentralized Economic Incentives Under Technological Indivisibilities: A Cooperative Game Approach," Ecological Economics 17: 9-20.
• Becker N., Zeitouni N. and Shechter M., 1996. "Reallocating Water Resources in the Middle East through Market Mechanisms," Water Recourses Development 12 (1): 17-31.
• A modified version was published as Ch. 13 in: Parker, D. D. and Tzur, Y. (eds.), 1996, Decentralization and Coordination of Water Resource Management, Amsterdam: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
• Kalika,V.I. and Frant, S., 1996. "Multicriteria Analysis Accounting for Uncertainty Factors in Electricity Generation Expansion Planning," Proc. Of the 12th Power System Computation Conference 1: 145-151.
• Kalika,V.I. and Frant, S., 1996. "Methodology of Power Generation System Planning: Multicriteria Optimization Accounting for Uncertainty Factors," Proc. Of the 19th Convention of
• Baron M. & Shechter M. 1994. "TELMA a policy model for optimal allocation of regionwide emissions," Journal of Environmental Management 41 (1): 17-26.\
• Zeidner, M. & Shechter M., 1994. "Reduction of Test Anxiety: A First Attempt at Economic Evaluation", Anxiety, Stress, and Coping 7: 1-18.
• Zeitouni N., Becker N. & Shechter M., 1994. "Two Models of Water Market Mechanisms with an Illustrative Application to the Middle East." Resources & Energy Economics Journal 16 (4): 303-330.